New Fundraising Group
Last Thursday a new fundraising group was launched for the West Cornwall area, The Penwith Fundraising Group.
This now brings the number of groups in Cornwall to 11. Chaired by Alun Evans and Treasurer, Jan Parkin.
The group have booked their meeting dates up until Christmas which will alternate between Tesco’s in St. Ives and Penzance. More members are welcomed including for the role of Secretary. If you would like to find out more about this new group please contact the office.
It has been a busy month for Marie Curie in Cornwall, lots of Blooming Great Tea Parties have been held, the annual Padstow to Rock Swim was held on 14 July and on 21 July volunteers and fundraising groups came together to run Tregrehan Classic Cars and Country Fayre. Whilst final totals are still being confirmed the swim looks like it could be another record breaking year, we should have a final figure by mid September. Tregrehan was a great success, first time at this lovely estate but currently a profit of £7,200 has been raised. Thank you to ‘one and all’ a great team effort by everyone involved in each of the events above.
Autumn and Christmas collections – these are being booked and some are already confirmed and ready for volunteers to book online. Please visit www.mariecurie.org.uk/collections or call the office to book onto a collection near you.
- Recycling for Good Causes – Marie Curie has chosen to work with Recycling for Good Causes and items that can now be recycled include:-
- Jewellery – unwanted gold and silver including damaged itmes, costume jewellery and watches
- Coins and currency – banknotes and coins, any currency UK or foreign of any age/unchangeable currency
- Mobile Phones, Cameras and Gadgets – mobile phones, video cameras, old film cameras, sat navs, game consoles, games and accessories, ipods, MP3 players, laptops and tablet computers
- Stamps – loose, single stamps, albums, first day covers/presentation packs, collections, postcard collections
Fundraising Groups can be supplied with the sacks needed or items can be delivered to the fundraising office. For more information please contact 01872 260500.
Fundraise your way – Supporters can register to hold fundraising events in aid of Marie Curie by visiting www.mariecurie.org.uk/fundraising New fundraising packs are available and if you get an opportunity to ask somebody to host an event for Marie Curie please direct them to our website to register.
- Thursday 8 August – Blooming Great Tea Party 2pm to 4pm at 1 The Old Cooperage, Polgooth, St. Austell. PL26 7AZ
- Saturday 24 August – 10am to 4pm – A community day at the RNLI event in Bude, to promote our services and engage with supporters in the hope we can soon form a Bude Fundraising Group.
- Friday 13 September – Premier showing of Downton Abbey the movie at The Savoy, Penzance. Gala Reception and charity screening in aid of Marie Curie of this long-awaited cinematic release, continuing the story of the Crawley family and their below stars servants! Gala Reception 7pm, Charity Screening 8pm. Tickets £17 includes a glass of Prosecco or Mocktail and Canapes. The box office is now OPEN. Tel: 01736 363330 or www.merlincinemas.co.uk Supported by the Truro Fundraising Group
- Come dressed to impress in Downton’s upstairs or downstairs attire. Supported by the Truro Fundraising Group.
- Friday 8 November – FireWalk at The Princess Pavilion in Falmouth 7pm £25 entry fee and minimum suggested sponsorship of £50 per person. Organised by The Falmouth and Penryn Fundraising Group. Contact email@example.com or call 01872 260 500 for more info.
- Thursday 28 November – Quiz Evenings at The Old Plough, Shortlanesend in aid of Marie Curie. Bookings are advised, please contact the pub on 01872 273 001.
- Friday 6 December – The Holly Ball at Penmorvah Manor Hotel, Budock Water, Falmouth. Tickets Ball and Buffet £40, Ball only £15. Organised by the Falmouth and Penryn Fundraising Group. To book please call 01872 260500